Sunday, August 7, 2011

Found the Wet N' Wild Dream Weavers Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palettes

Haven't tried them yet, but they look super pretty. There are neutrals there for me to try (I'm more of a brights girl) and that yellow and pink are definitely out of my comfort zone, but I'm willing to give them a whirl at this price. The matte black looks like MAC's Carbon (which I already have) and the black glitter looks like Black Tied (which I also have). Guess I'm pointing them out 'cause those two dupes justify the whole set. 2 MAC shadows would be $22-$30 depending on of they're pro pans or pots. Wet N Wild quality has improved so much in the last couple years that I look forward to their new releases as much if not more than MAC's.

On another note, I am reading  Ron Sheffield's Talking to Girls About Duran Duran  and it's SO GOOD! The writer grew up on the South Shore of Boston (like me) so the references to local stores and radio stations is a crazy blast from the past. Thinking about getting it as a gift for a good friend. I think she'll enjoy the reference and reminiscing as much as I am. Strangely, I didn't care for his last book. Glad i gave him another try.

Lately I've been somewhat obsessed with nailpolish and the interesting things that can be done with it. After cruising MUA for hours, I've got a pretty good list going of colors I need, where to get them, etc. Since I didn't go anywhere this weekend I had to shop my stash for today's manicure. I also REALLY was jonesing for a duochrome.
This is the color I came up with. It's Sinful Colors "Let Me Go". After 3 coats I'm pretty sure it's not going to get any better. It's a very subtle opalescent effect. However, I'm pretty sure it would work out better with a blue or purple underneath. When this mani starts chipping I'll give that a go. Unless I come up with a new & fabulous polish in the meantime.

Tomorrow we're going to see Winnie The Pooh and I'm uber excited!! We'll stop for snacks and juices before the show. There may be random nailpolish browsing also. I'm just looking for the more interesting Sinful Colors I don't have and maybe the quick dry Wet N Wilds. I think the Party of Five glitter is a must have and it's only $1.99. Possibly Buffy The Violet Slayer, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment